Falooda (wiki) is a very popular (ice)-drink which is mainly consumed in Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, Middle East and South Africa. The combination of syrup, vanilla ice cream with soaked cress seeds create a very special flavor. This soaking of the seeds create a kind of frogspawn that make a very special texture. The classic version uses basil seeds and extra noodles / vermicelli as well. Note, there are many variations known, for example, with additional pieces of fruit. The recipe on this page, keeps it simple.
- Allow the cress seeds to soak in water for at least 2 hours. Half a day is best. Use a sieve to separate the water from the seeds
- Put the cream and milk together and blend it into a milkshake-like consistency
- Carefully stir the seeds with the ice foam
- Fill the glass with a layer of syrup first.
- Add the ice foam on top of it.
- You can use a leaf cress for garnish