Side dish for 4 people (in France called cressonsoup)
- One bag (10g/4000seeds) fully grown cress
- 1.5 liters chicken or vegetable broth
- 50 grams of butter
- 50 grams of flour
1. Chop the garden cress, and keep some whole stems as garnish.
2. Melt the butter in a pan and slowely add flower while keep stirring. This is the way to make a roux. Make sure you prevent any lumps.
3. Carefully add the broth to the roux, keep stirring again. Add the chopped watercress to the soup and let it boil gently for 5 minutes.
4. Serve the soup in soup plates or bowls and add a few whole stems cress